To get the latest patch notes, please have a look at the announcements on the Steam page. Here are the collected notes for the last 4 patches:
– The “vending machines” have been replaced with module shops in which you can sell your modules and choose from a variety of modules.
– You can sell modules for half their value (ceil) and buy modules for twice their value (ceil). Let me know what you think of the prices/balance.
– You can buyback modules you sold at that shop for the same price.
– Action-autoassignment no longer clears assignments for actions that are not automatically assigned (e.g. custom actions)
– Autoassignment now uses “0-assignments”. This makes it easier to turn your ship.
– “0-assignments” are now displayed in the editor. (but cannot be assigned manually atm.)
– Fixed a bug that prevented deleted actions assignments from being displayed.
– You can now select and use your own custom ship in the exploration mode as long as it costs <=500.
– Selecting a box in the editor now selects all the modules it touches.
– The camera now moves a bit to the side when you have panels opened in the mission mode.
– Added a graphical effect when you hit an asteroid or another ship and take collision damage.
Bug fixes and other changes:
– Repairing a module no longer disables it.
– Fixed the hotkeys to collapse/expand the side panels and added a visual clue.
– Fixed a bug that caused the grappling hook to act strange when a module was destroyed.
– Fixed a bug causing emped/repaired modules to still have lightning effects in the editor.
– Fixed a bug regarding music loading when the game is out of focus.
– Changed the evolution settings. Future enemy ships will no longer have multiple CCs.
– Changing the friction factor in the hidden settings now has an effect.
– Limited the size of the undo stack to prevent excessive memory usage when using the editor for a long time.
Change the way saving works. Since the exploration mode is supposed to be permadeath, save is replaces by save&exit. When selecting exploration from the main menu, you can now choose between starting a new game and resuming the previous one.
Added a UI effect when you pick up ore.
Added a UI effect when you pick up modules.
Added a UI effect when your energy gets sapped by an energy absorber.
Changed the startup configuration and changed the texture loading process to hopefully prevent crashes when using high quality textures and preloading.
Fixed a bug regarding the emp/repairbot lightning
Fixed a crash which could occur when entering a level with an invalid ship.
Fixed a possible crash in the evolution field mode.
Bugfixes and improvements:
Fixed a major issue preventing the ingame time from being recorded by the Steam client.
Replaced the mouse cursor with a nicer looking one.
Increased the allocated memory to prevent crashes when using high quality textures.
Power thruster keys are now assigned for movement but not rotation.
Improved the way the controller deadzones work.
Added hotkeys for undo/redo in the editor.
Corrected some tooltips.
Removed the particle and debris settings.
Fixed a performance bug concerning the repair bots.
Fixed a bug that caused module hints to be displayed after deleting a module while dragging.
Game states no longer keep the paused state + a message is displayed when you pause.
The editor hint for the shield modules is now more closely related to where the shield modules actually are.