I finally got around to make another update video showing the latest changes and some new features. Besides the changes mentioned in the December post, these include:
- Exploration/survival game mode: You start with a preset ship and explore a series of procedurally generated sectors. You can fulfill missions in each sector or scavenge for resources and modules to upgrade your ship inbetween sectors. Currently there are 6 different missions with many more to come.
- Joystick/gamepad support, i.e. support for both digital and analogue inputs.
- The UI now scales to fit your resolution.
- Editor: Multiple selected modules can now be rotated at once.
- Editor: A clipboard can be used to store ship parts for later use.
- Nebulae with different effects.
- Sound effects for weapons, explosions, thrusters and UI effects.
- Graphical improvements, including space particles which spawn around your ship and get pushed out of the way as you fly through them.
- Numerous bug fixes and minor improvements.