When developing Kubifaktorium I focus on providing a great single-player experience. Nevertheless there will be opportunities in-game to interact with other players in a positive and friendly way.
One way will be to donate and send items via rafts. These rafts will then – after some time – arrive on another random player’s island. You can use this to help other players out by sending excess food or building materials. Or – if you are feeling really generous – by sending legendary weapons, tools and resources. 🙂
In other news, I will host a development/presentation stream on Twitch next week. I will demonstrate the current state of the game, talk about my plans and my schedule and answer your questions:
Date / Time: June 24th at 20:00 CEST
Topics: Current state, my plans for the game & AMA
Advanced buildings like the Autofarm allow you to automate simple tasks and make your colony more efficient. The Autofarm will plant and harvest any crop that can be grown on a field. The harvested goods can then be loaded onto a conveyor belt for further processing or storage.
Every week I will post more information on Kubifaktorium. If you are interested, follow me and help me spread the word. Thank you!
Kubifaktorium will allow you to build trains and small train networks. While the functionality will not be as extensive as in dedicated transport games like Transport Tycoon, you can build tracks, bridges, stations and train factories.
While your colonists can manually pick up and transport all types of goods, this method of transportation will quickly become inefficient and restrictive on larger maps. Trains provide an economic alternative to transport heavy goods like ores and rocks over long distances – e.g. between your mining sites and your factories. They will work well together with inserters and depots, which I will present in an upcoming feature.
The screenshots show, among other things, a train being loaded and a simple bridge layout. In the bridge screenshot you can spot advanced bugs like the bridge going through a tree and two wagons stuck together. Also, there is a bush growing on the track. 🙂
Every weekend I will post more information on Kubifaktorium. If you are interested, follow me and help me spread the word. Thank you! ☺
Since BossConstructor has been released in 2016, I have been working on a total of 3 free bonus DLCs for the game.
Bonus DLC 1, which was added in 04/2017 contained the Disintegrator Beam, the Augmentation Module as well as various quality of life and gameplay improvement: https://steamcommunity.com/games/330100/announcements/detail/236845278926219729
Bonus DLC 2 added the Bussard Ramjet and advanced galaxy customization options in 01/2018: https://steamcommunity.com/games/330100/announcements/detail/1582318407740335807
I am currently looking for ideas for the final Bonus DLC 3. If you have ideas for modules and features you would like to see added, please post them here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/330100/discussions/0/1692669912383486452/
Kubifaktorium will feature four different biomes / terrains. Each biome will provide different resources, enemies and overall challenges. In addition to the biomes provided in the base game, players will be able to build their own biome mods. These mods could add additional real-world terrains, fantasy worlds or even alien planets. 🙂
The first biome, which was shown in the announcement trailer, is the grassland biome. The grassland provides a friendly and hospitable environment with plenty of trees, edible plants and fertile soil. All of these resources make it easy to build and support your first colonies.
The second biome is the desert terrain. The desert is hostile to all life and requires careful planning and support from previous islands (more on that later). On the plus side, the desert mountains are rich in mineral ores which are required to build more advanced weapons, tools and machinery.
Every weekend I will post more information on Kubifaktorium. If you are interested, follow me and help me spread the word. Thanks! 🙂
After working on it for about a year, I am finally announcing Kubifaktorium, my next game! 🙂
If you enjoy building, growing and managing a colony, then Kubifaktorium is for you! The game will feature different biomes to explore, plenty of resources to exploit and interesting production chains to master.
- Discover and colonize procedurally generated islands in four different biomes.
- Build and manage complex and challenging production chains.
- Automate your production using belts, cranes, train networks and more.
- Defend your colonies and conquer your enemies.
- Easy to understand but hard to master game mechanics.
- Built-in mod support for new industries, goods, scenery, terrain types, localizations and more.
- Made for Windows, Mac and Linux.
@BossConstructors: If you have ideas you want to see implemented in Bonus DLC 3 you can post them here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/330100/discussions/0/1692669912383486452/
In the upcoming weeks I will add a new article on the game every weekend. If you are interested, follow me and help me spread the word. Thanks! 🙂
Happy New Year!
So, now that BossConstructor has been released, let me tell you a bit about my plans regarding BossConstructor for this year:
1) As promised, there will be 3 free bonus DLCs which will add a few often-demanded new features. And while I do not have a specific schedule for making these, I will begin working on the first one soon. The first DLC will include 2 new modules as well as a feature which will allow you to set weapons and other modules to auto-fire.
2) I will also do another development live stream on Twitch. It will be on Sunday the 15th of January at 6 PM GMT / 7 PM CET. You can watch it on twitch.tv/bossconstructor. While I haven’t done any streams lately due to time constraints and technical problems, I look forward to do some more!
3) In other news, I’ve been on the Space Game Junkie podcast a few weeks ago. Its about one hour long and covers the game’s development process as well as some technical aspects. If you’re interested, you can find the recording here: https://www.spacegamejunkie.com/podcasts/sgj-podcast-183-bossconstructor/
I hope you’re having a great time! 🙂